Associate Professor of School of Foreign Language
Academic Areas: Corpus Linguistics, Academic Writing
Fan Pan is the associate professor of School of Foreign Languages at Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST). She has published one book and 19 academic articles on CSSCI journals and other linguistic journals. Her has programs funded by National Social Science Foundation and Social Science Foundation of Ministry of Education of China.
2000.1-2003.12 Ph.D. Huazhong University of Science & Technology
Management Science and Engineering.
1996.9-1999.6 M.A. Huazhong University of Science & Technology
Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics
1993.9-1996.6 B.A. Huazhong Normal University
Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics
2005－present Associate Professor, School of Foreign Languages, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
1999－2005 Lecturer, School of Foreign Languages, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
- Fan Pan.2012.Multidimensional Analysis of Written Texts Produced by Chinese Non-English Major Undergraduates and Graduates. Foreign Languages Teaching and Research, 44(2), 220-231.
- Fan Pan.2012.A Corpus-based Investigation into the Avoidance of Adverbs in Test Writing. Foreign Language Education, 33(2), 40-43.
- Fan Pan.2012.Stance Adverbs in Journal Articles by Chinese and Native Writers: A Pragmatic View. Journal of PLA University of Foreign Languages, 35(5), 9-12.
- Fan Pan. 2010. Lexical Acquisition Viewed From Contrastive Analysis Of Collocational Behavior of Near Synonyms. Chinese journal of Applied Linguistics, 33(5), 52-64.
- Fan Pan, Zaihong Zhang. 2009. Improving Comprehensive Ability of English and Carrying out all-round English Teaching Reform. China University Teaching, 227(7), 87-89.
- Fan Pan, Cheng Cheng. 2008. Corpus-based Study of Semantic Prosody of Cause. Research in Higher Education of Engineering. 108-113.
- Fan Pan, Li Liu . 2006. Learner Corpora and Foreign Language Teaching. Journal of Beijing International Studies University, 134(4), 53-55.
- Fan Pan, Xiaochuan Lei. 2005. Corpus-based Data-driven Learning Mode. Science & Technology Progress and Policy, Volume 22 (10), 159-160.
- Fan Pan. 2005. Corpus Research and Language Teaching Materials Compilation. Journal of the Chinese People’s armed police force academy, 21(5), 68-70.
- Fan Pan, Yuejin Feng. 2004. Corpus-Based Analysis of Connectors in Non-English Major Graduate Students’ Writing. Modern Foreign Languages, 104(2), 157-162
- Fan Pan, Yuejin Feng. 2003. Corpus-based Analysis of Semantic Prosody and its Applications. Contemporary Linguistics, Volume 5 (4), 359-366.
- Fan Pan, Yuejin Feng. 2004. Why corpora Size keeps Rising. Foreign Language Research, 118(3),11-15.
- Fan Pan, Yuejin Feng. 2000. Corpus Linguistics & Changes in the Notions for FL Teaching. Foreign Language Research, 102(4),80-83.
- Fan Pan, Yuejin Feng. 2000. Corpus-based Investigation into Differential Features of Synonyms. Shandong Foreign Languages Journal, 81(4), 8-12.
- Yuejin Feng, Fan Pan. 1998. The Newest Trend and the Future of Corpus Linguistics. Shandong Foreign Languages Journal, 73(4), 8-12.
Corpus Linguistics; Integrated English, English Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening
Login and edit information
- 2014. National Social Science Foundation (No.14BYY148). A Corpus-based Large Scale Investigation into the English Research Writing of Chinese Academics.
- 2012. Social Science Foundation of Ministry of Education of China (No. 12YJA740060). A Multidimensional Analysis of Journal Article Writing of Chinese Academics.
- 2012. Foreign Language Education Project.（No. ZGWYJYJJ2012A31）. A Contrastive Analysis of Stylistic Features of Research Writing by Chinese and International Scholars.
- 2009. Creative Fund from Huazhong University of Science & Technology. A Developmental Analysis of Chinese Learners’ Interlanguage.
- 2007. Social Science Fund from Huazhong University of Science & Technology (No. 2007014). A Corpus-based Investigation of Synonyms.
- 2005. Social Science Fund from Huazhong University of Science & Technology. A Corpus-based Study on Chinese Learners’ Avoidance.
- 2003. Provincial Social Science Fund (No.2003d040). A Corpus-based Error Analysis of Graduate Students Writing.
- 2003. Research Fund from HUST Graduate School (No.GR0303). An Investigation into Features of Advanced Learners’ Writing.
- 1999. Research Fund from Huazhong University of Science & Technology (No.W99045). A Corpus Approach to Differentiate Synonyms.
- 2013. “Lexical Bundles in L1 and L2 Academic Writing”. The Corpus Linguistics in China 2013 Conference.
- 2012. “A Corpus-based Analysis of Stance Adverbs”. Corpus Technology and Applied Linguistics Conference.
- 2009. “Lexical Acquisition Seen From Contrastive Analysis of Collocational Behavior of Synonyms”. International Conference Proceedings on Second-Language Acquisition & Language Transfer.
- 2008. “A Corpus-based Study on Chinese Learners’ Avoidance With Adverbs as Examples”. International Conference Proceedings on Foreign language Teaching.
- 2003. “A corpus-based Analysis of Connectors in Non-English Major Candidates Students’ Writing”. International Conference Proceedings on Corpus Linguistics, 25-30.