Professor of School of Foreign Language
Academic Areas: TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, Socilinguistics
Sun Yunmei is the Professor of Foreign Languages School at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). Her research spans TESOL, Second language acquisition. She is also interested in the study of socilinguistcs. She focuses her attention on the study of improving learning efficiency and is especially interested in how to improve the quality of language learning and teaching by large-scale survey on EFL learning environment in China.
2002.9-2007.6 Huazhong University of Science and Technology, PhD
1991.9-1994.6 Shanghai Jiaotong University, MA.
1982.9-1987.7 Huazhong Institute of Technology, BA.
2008.9-2009.9 Monterey Institute of International Studies – visitor scholar
2010.11-present Huazhong University of Science and Technology – Professor
2009.6-2010.10 Huazhong University of Science and Technology –Associate Professor
1996.7-1997.5. Nanyang Technological University， Singapore - TESOL MA program Candidate
1994.7-1999.5 Huazhong University of Science and Technology –Lecturer
1987.7-1994.6 Huazhong University of Science and Technology –Assistant Teacher。
Refereed Journal Papers
- Nijing， Sun Yunmei. A Review of "Language Teaching Research & Language Pedagogy. " Modern Foreign Languages, vol.37， No.2， (2014). pp287-290.
- Sun Yunmei, Leilei. An Analysis of Demotivators in Chinese College EFL Classrooms. Foreign Languages Research, Vol. 141, No. 5(2013). pp. 57-65.
- Zhangyingfeng& Sun Yunmei Deconstruction and Reconstruction of Traditional Learning Environment in E- Education. Higher Education Exploration, vol. 133, No. 5(2013). pp. 98-101.
- Sun Yunmei. A Study on Comprehensive College English Classroom Environment. Foreign Languages Teaching &Research, No.6(2010). pp 444-450.
- Sun Yunmei. A Study on Oral English Classroom Environment of University Undergraduates. Journal of Higher Education. Vol.30, no. 5(2009). pp71-77.
- Sun Yunmei&Linwei. Oral Classroom Environment of Non-English Majors Postgraduates: A Study based on Learners' Psychological Perception. Journal of PLA University of Foreign Languages. Vol. 31, no. 6(2008). pp32-36.
- Sun Yunmei&Linwei. Catchwords on Chinese University Campus. Studies in Language and Linguistics. Vol. 26, no. 4(2006). Pp118-120.
Refereed International Conference Papers
Sun Yunmei Exploring English Classroom Learning Environment in Chinese Universities. Paper Presented at CATESOL (2009) Pasadina, California, USA.
- Research on Chinese High-Edu English Classroom Environment, China Social Science Publishing House， 2009. Only author.
- Foreign Languages Education---Research & Practice， Zhongnan University Press, 2004. Co-author.
1. Comprehensive English Course
2. Ten Steps to Improving College Students' Reading and Writing Skills
3. Advanced Oral English
4. Listening and Speaking Course
1. Principles of Language Learning and Teaching
3. Academic English Writing
4.Teacher Action Research& Teacher Development
Login and edit information
- Environmental Research on Chinese Universities &Colleges. Sponsored by Ministry of Education, (DIA00312) ，Project Leader；
- Research on English Classroom Environment in Hubei Universities and Colleges, Hubei Social Science Funds (2010) . Project Leader.
- Reform of Teaching Reading Comprehension by developing learners' Critical Reading Skills . Fund from the Teaching Affairs Office of Huazhong University of Science and Technology. (2011) Project leader.
- Studies on Chinese College and University English Classroom Environment , sponsored by Liberal Arts Office, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, (2007). Project leader.
- First Awards for Teaching Competition in Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 1998-1999.
- First Award for Excellent Teaching Quality in Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 2000-2001.
- First Award for Excellent Teaching Quality in Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 2006-2007.