Associate Professor of School of Foreign Language
Academic Areas: Intercultural communication and foreign language education
Zhong Hua is an associate professor in the School of Foreign Languages, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). Her research involves intercultural communication and foreign language education.
1997.9-2000.6 Huazhong University of Science and Technology MA
1989.9-1993.6 Huazhong Normal University BA
2009.8-2010.6 Oklahoma University --- Visiting professor
2003.6-present Huazhong University of Science and Technology --- Associate professor
1993.6-2003.5 Huazhong University of Science and Technology --- Lecturer
- Zhong, H., Bai, Q.H., & Fan, W.W. (2013). Construction of Intercultural Communicative Competence self-Report Scale for Chinese college students: A pilot study. Foreign Language World, 03, 47-56.
- Zhong H.,& Fan,W.W. (2013). The theoretical framework for the construction of intercultural communicative competence scale for Chinese college students. Foreign Language Education in China, 03, 19-28.
- Zhong, H., & Fan, H. (2012). A study of intercultural sensitivity of Chinese high school students. In Kulich, S. J. & Dai, X. D. (Eds.) Identity and Intercultural Communication (II): Conceptual and Contextual Applications. Shanghai: Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, 239-259.
- Zhong H. (2003). Reconsiderations of Communicative Culture. Foreign Language Education, 03, 144-148.
- Zhong, H., Fan, W.W., & Qin, A.S. (2001). A survey of non-English majors’ social-cultural competence. Foreign Language World, 04, 19-23, 34.
- Zhong, H. & Fan, W.W. (2000). On the development of non-English majors’ intercultural communicative competence. Foreign Language World, 02, 14-16, 38.
- Fan, W. W., Chen, J. S., & Zhong, H. (2008). Foreign Culture and Intercultural Communication (2nd. Edit). Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press.
- Chen, J. S., Fan, W. W., & Zhong, H., (2006). Intercultural Communication and Foreign Language Education. Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press.
Login and edit information
1. College English;
2. Intercultural Communication;
3. Intermediate Listening and Speaking;
4. British and American Culture
1. Intercultural Communication;
2. Graduate English