Associate Professor of School of Foreign Language
Academic Areas: British and American literature
Jingjing Guo is Associate Professor of English at the School of Foreign Languages, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), and is studying toward her Ph.D.in comparative literature and world literature at Central China Normal University. Her interests in scholarship include American literature, comparative literature and ethics and literature. She teaches English and literature, including reading, literature, and English listening.
2009.9-present Central China Normal University PhD
1995.9-1998.6 Wuhan University MA
1984.9-1988.6 Central China Normal University BA
2003.7-present Huazhong University of Science and Technology – Associate Professor
1998.6-2003.7 Huazhong University of Science and Technology – Lecturer
1994.8-1998.6 Xiangfan Educational Institute –Lecturer
1988.6-1994.8 Xiangfan Educational Institute – Teaching Assistant
Refereed Journal Papers
- Guo Jingjing, Zhang Li , “Who is pudd’ nhead—An interpretation of Pudd’nhead Wilson ”, English Square (Academic Research), 2013, Vol36, No.12, 6-7
- Guo, Jingjing, Zhang Li, “Failure of identity reconstruction”, English Square (Academic Research), 2013, No.4, 3-6
- Guo Jingjing, “The Ethical dilemma and choices in Lady Inger”, Forum for World Literature Studies, 2013, No 4, p144-151
- Li Gang, Guo Jingjing, Li Yi, “British literary theory studies in China during the Eleventh Five-year-plan period”, Foreign Literature Studies, 2010, No. 6, p13-18
- Guo Jingjing, Zhang Wenzhong, “A comparative study of two translations and one annotated version of Babylon Revisited”, Chinese Translators Journal, 2002, No 2, p58-60.
- Zhang Wenzhong, Guo Jingjing, “Fuzzy marking: a new approach to marking oral proficiency”, Modern Foreign Languages, 2002, Vol. 25, No. 1, p98-102.
Refereed International Conference Papers
- Guo Jingjing. “Slaughter of Other Beings and Slaughter of Human Beings—An Ecocritical Interpretation of The Lord of Flies”, Proceedings of International Conference on Literature and Environment Wuhan 2008, pp 434-441
- Guo Jingjing, “Nature in Unity with Humanism: A Reinterpretation of a Group of Poems by Robert Frost”, ISSHP, Proceedings of International Conference on the 20th Century American Poetry 2008. pp 303-309
- Guo Jingjing, “Cognition Beyond the Senses”, Shakespeare from Multiperspectives—Selected Essays from the 2008 International Symposium, pp 85-92.
1. Extensive reading
2. Comprehensive reading
3. Advanced reading
4. English listening
5. History of American literature
6. Selected Reading of American literature
7. Selected reading of British literature
8. American culture
1. An introduction to American literature
Login and edit information
- 2006-2009 the Second Prize of Scientific Research Achievements of Foreign Literature Association in Hubei province