Associate Professor of School of Foreign Language
Academic Areas: Translation Studies, Translator and Interpreter Training
Li Jing is an associate professor of School of Foreign Languages at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). She is the Dean of Department of Translation and Interpreting. Her present research focuses on developing BTI students’ competence in assess their own translations, museum text translation in the Chinese context and the application of system-functional linguistics in translation.
1993.9-1997.6 Huazhong Normal University BA
1999.9-2002.12 Huazhong University of Science and Technology MA
2005.9-2008.12 Nanjing Normal University PhD
2011.11-present Huazhong University of Science and Technology – Associate Professor
1999.10-2011.10 Huazhong University of Science and Technology - Lecturer
1997.7-1999.9 Huazhong University of Science and Technology – Teaching Assistant
Refereed International Journal Papers
- Weidong, Li, Qinghua, Wang, Jing, Li, Kun, Zhang, “National image of world major countries in Chinese undergraduates’ minds---An evaluation based on components of a nation”, Public Relations Review, 2014.
- Jing, Li, “An Explorative Study of Chinese College English Teachers’ Professional Development”, The Journal of ASIA TEFL, 2010, Vol. 7, No. 4, 1-28.
· Refereed Chinese Journal Papers
- Li Jing & Ding Xiaohong A Comparative Study of the English Translation of CSR Report of Chinese Multinationals. Economic Relations and Trade, 2013, No. 11, 1-19；
- Li Jing. Study on Translation in the Perspective of Practical Philosophy. Theory Monthly, 2011, No. 3, 94-96；
- Li Jing. The Nature of Language and Text Interpretation in Translation in the Perspective of Intentionality. Foreign Language Education, Vol. 10;
- Li Jing. The Pragmatic Turn of Translation Studies. Foreign Languages and Their Teaching, 2008, No. 7, 52-55;
- Li Jing. The Linguistic Turn or the Pragmatic Turn — The Linguistic Foundation of Translation Studies. Journal of Xi’an International Studies University, 2008, Vol. 16, No. 2, 27-30+3;
- Li Jing. The New Approach of Pragmatic Translation Studies. Foreign Language Education, 2008, Vol. 08;
- Li Jing. A Survey and Prospect of China’s Corpus-based Translation Studies. Foreign Languages and Translation, 2006, No.3, 46-49;
- Li Jing. The Function of Pattern of Context Configuration in E-C Translation. Journal of Sichuan International Studies University, 2005.6 Supplement, 114-116.
· Academic Monograph
- Li Jing. The Pragmatic Turn of Translation Studies. Shanghai: Shanghai Translation Publishing House, 2008.12.
1. English Listening
2. English Pronunciation
3. English-Chinese Translation
4. Chinese-English Translation
5. Translation Workshop
6. An Introduction to Translation Studies
7. Interpreting Fundamentals
1. Translation Workshop
2. An Introduction to Interpreting
Login and edit information
- Hubei Provincial Department of Education University Teaching Research Fund, Interpreting Course Development For College English Students, 2013-2015, Project Leader；
- HUST Undergraduate Teaching Research Fund, Developing BTI Interpreting Courses to Meet Social Demand, 2013-2015, Project Leader;
- HUST Research Innovation Fund, Introducing BTI Students to Self-assessment in Translation, 2013-2015，Project Leader；
- HUST Graduate Teaching Research Fund, MTI Course Structure Based on Translation Competence Model, 2012-2014, Project Leader;
- Hubei Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science Research Fund, Developing Student Interpreters’ Competence in Coping with Stress in Interpreting, 2009-2012 Participant；
- HUST Humanities and Social Science Research Grant for Young Teachers, The Theoretical Approach to Leading Translation Studies to the Life World, 2008-2010, Project Leader.