Lecturers of School of Foreign Language
Academic Areas: TESOL pedagogy, Second Language Acquisition
Xiaohai Zhan is currently a lecturer of English in the School of Foreign Languages at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Wuhan, Hubei Province, China). He teaches business reading and writing to undergraduates in the English department and business translation to graduate students. He is also now studying for his Ph.D. in English Language Teaching from Central China Normal University. Xiaohai's research interests include TESOL pedagogy and second language acquisition.
1997.9-2001.6 Huazhong University of Science and Technology BA
2001.9-2004.6 Huazhong University of Science and Technology MA
2010.9-now Central China Normal University Ph.D. candidate
2001.7-2006.7 Huazhong University of Science and Technology –Teaching Assistant
2006.7-now Huazhong University of Science and Technology –Lecturer
1. Xiaohai Zhan, “An Investigation into Students’ Expectation of Teacher Feedback and Its Influence on English Majors’ Writing”, WRITING ACROSS BORDERS: New Directions in EFL and ESL Writing Research, 2015.
2. Xiaohai Zhan & Weiyou Zhang, “A Corpus-based Contrastive Study of the Lexical Features in English and Chinese Business Letters”, Journal of Jianghan University(Humanities Science Edition), 2012, Vol.5, p59-63.
3. Xiaohai Zhan, “Social constructivism and China’s Foreign Language Education”, New English Education, 2011, Vol.3, p4-9.
4. Jinfen Xu & Xiaohai Zhan, “An Investigation into the Application of Affective Factorsin College English Teaching”, Crazy English Teachers, 2010, Vol.1, p4-8
5. Jinfen Xu & Xiaohai Zhan, “Review of Research into Learner Autonomy at Home and Abroad”, Foreign Language World , 2004, Vol.4, p2-9
1. 2013.9 Outstanding Teaching Staff of the School of Foreign Languages
2. 2012.11 HUST Excellent Teaching Award, Second Prize
3. 2010.1 HUST Teaching Skills Competition, Third Prize
4. 2009.12 Excellent Supervisor for Bachelor’s Thesis (provincial level)
5. 2008.9 HUST Excellent Teaching Award, Second Prize
6. 2003.6 Excellent Party Member
7. 2002.6 Excellent Party Member
Business English, Business English Reading and Writing, Business Translation, the Bible and Western Culture